What You CAN Do With ZERMELO Templates
- Study the arrangement, structure, processing, automation, etc.
- Practice composition, arrangement, mixing, mastering, etc.
- Save and use samples, instruments, processing racks from templates for your own commercial productions
- Play at home/club/festival/party/live performance
Commercial Use of Templates
You can use my templates for commercial purposes if you change/modify all the melodies (bass, synths, etc.). That's my minimum requirement.
You can use the drum samples, drum patterns, track structure, effects, synth presets, processing, etc. But you have to change the melodies.
If you changed all the melodies then you can make commercial use of the template, such as:
- Release on a record label, iTunes, Spotify, YouTube, etc.
- Use for TV, web or radio advertisement
- Use in videos, films, trailers, apps, games, or other multimedia
- Use as part of a product available for purchase in a store or online. Example: You could use the template as a part of a course on how to use templates. But you cannot distribute the template (modified or not) as a bundled product in the course.
To use the template for commercial purposes, you must change all the melodies. That is the minimum requirement. However, I recommend that you make deeper template modifications (change synth presets, some drum samples, effects) if you're going to release template-based track on a record label.
What you CANNOT do with ZERMELO templates
- Re-sell or share the template (modified or not) or any samples/presets from the project
- Claim exclusive ownership or authorship of the track without modifying all the melodies (bass, synths, etc.)
- Use for creating sample libraries and royalty-free music
Can I render the template "as is" and release it on a record label?
No, you can not. The minimum requirement is that you change all melodies (bass, synths, etc.).
But you should make significant changes into template. For example, change the root note, melody, sound processing, add your own ideas and sounds, etc.
I've had producers release my templates on labels. Other producers wrote to the label notifying the label of the infringement. And the tracks were taken down immediately.
I've had other producers release my templates with "minimal" modifications. And while I technically allow this, other producers will speak up and contact the label. Then the labels reach out to me. When this happens, I let the label decide what to do. It does not reflect well on the artist. The label is within their rights to take these tracks down.
So for creative and reputation purposes, I highly recommend that you make significant changes to the template. Learn from the template and use the template. But make it your own.
Are there any restrictions for using samples and presents from the template I purchased?
All samples and presets used in our products are royalty-free -- EXCEPT the vocals. I repeat:
The vocals are NOT royalty-free.
I'm am taking a personal risk selling templates where I do no hold the rights to the vocal. However, I sell templates for educational purposes, and I stand behind that. If I am told that I cannot do this, I will stop selling the templates with the vocals.
I do not own the copyright to the vocals. So I cannot give you permission to use the vocal. Again, that permission is not mine to give.
All other sounds are royalty-free. You can use separate sounds from the templates in your tracks. Or you can create an unlimited number of music productions based on one template. But any kind of separate distribution of the template and template sounds is strictly prohibited.
We don't need to get fancy. It's just common sense.
By purchasing a template, you consent to following the restrictions above in good-faith.
- Don't use the vocals without the original copyright holder's permission.
- Don't distribute the templates, or the sounds in the template, on your own -- either for free or through some transaction.
- Don't release the template as your own original track without making significant changes to the ideas and melodies.
- Other than the above, do what you want!